Friday, June 10, 2011

Feature Friday: Lauren Mac!

1. Do you think you have a unique style?  Of course! Would you be interviewing me if I didn't? lol


2. If yes, what's unique about it?  I purposefully aim to be different. I hate cookie cutter fashion, so I try my hardest not to look like everybody else. Being fashionable is not about being dressed like the Forever 21 mannequin. There is an art to being fashionable. You have to practice it, just like you do any other art. Sometimes, my personal style is a beautiful masterpiece, sometimes it’s an elementary arts & craft project. But I take pride in saying that I did MY thing, not somebody else’s. 


3. Describe your style. I’m a creative person and I think my style definitely reflects that. I like to call my style, urban safari chic. I’m prone to mix eclectic pieces, with trendy items with a classic staple. You may catch me with a tribal print on, and some ornate piece of jewelry, paired with a graphic tee, and a tailored blazer. I love prints and I also collect a lot of African inspired jewelry. But at the same time, I love seersucker and linen. I like to stay current, but I don’t want to look back at pictures years from now and have to ask myself “What the heck did you have on Lauren” 


4. What would you wear on a casual day vs. a party? 

Glamour is my middle name. I love getting dressed up, so I have a closet full of dresses from boutiques in a variety of colors all with unique detailing. I might very well be the queen of the club dress.

Generally, I like to buy clothes that can be worn for both day & night. So a lot of my wardrobe can be dressed up with a pair of heels & jewelry, or dressed down with boots & a sweater. I may wear the same dress for both a daytime event and night time outing and it look completely different. 



5. What 5 items of clothing are a must have for you if you were stuck on an island and why? 

Just 5? I over pack for everything. I like to have options. 


1. My coral silk tunic. This is my favorite shirt in my wardrobe and wear it every chance I get. 2. My Ray Bands 3. My ripped up boyfriend jeans 4. My bright orange sundress 5. my BCBG bronze wedge sandals. 


6. What do you like to see the opposite sex wear?

I love men in tailored European cut suits. If I was a guy I’d be a in a suit every chance I got, top button undone, no tie. And on a casual day, I like to see men in solid color v-necks or a Henley and dark denim. Sheesh, the v-necks are my thing! I’m attracted to guys who are really into clothes and give me competition when it comes to fashion.




7. Do you look to anyone for style inspiration? If yes, who and why?

Of course. I like to mix the glamour and creativity of Beyonce’s style with the elegance and classic nature of Zoe Saldana. Every time I see them on television or online, I wish I could just snatch that dress off them and wear it. I’d love to raid either one of their closets.


8. What is your favorite store to shop at and why?


My favorite store hands down is Urban Outfitters. I love Urban because they have such a variety of clothes and styles, I can always find something that fits into my fashion aesthetic. And it’s rare that somebody will put together an identical outfit together from Urban. It keeps my look different.

I also shop heavily at Zara and H&M (when I am close to one) and I’m a huge fan of my local thrift stores.



9. Do you think a lot of money is essential when it comes to style? why or why not?

Money is definitely not essential, but it’s a perk. I do believe it’s quite possible to dress inexpensively and not look cheap though. I’m an avid thrift store shopper and I’ve found some of my favorite pieces of clothes at TJMaxx. I feel like I’m pretty well dressed already, if I was rich, you probably couldn’t tell me anything!



10. How do you feel about being selected to be on Vintage Mahogani 's Feature Friday ?

I was very excited when I was asked to do Feature Friday. I value Angie & Vonnie’s fashion sense and I was very flattered that they wanted to feature me. I love Vintage Mahogani and I’m anxious to see the buzz around the blog grow.


     Thanks so much for allowing us some time with you to conduct this interview & photoshoot, you pretty much Killed it! Just in case you don't know about her let us tell you: She's beautiful, intelligent, & has her own..  (Arrogant Images)..check it out!






In the Shoot:

Electric Blue Ultra Suede Blazer from Good Will 
Turquoise Sundress by Urban Outfitters
Brown Suede Platform Sandals by Jessica Simpson
Jewelry from Forever 21



                                                                                           Photos by: Iconic Expressions

No comments:

Post a Comment