Friday, May 13, 2011

Feature Friday: Candace

This week's Feature Friday is on Candace. Communications major and the reigning Ms. Black OU! For her Feature outfit, she went with a plain white tee, distressed peach colored shorts, and brown combat boots. As far as accessories, she went with grey socks to pop against her boots, gold hoop earrings, geek chic glasses, and a taupe fedora hat with a flower band.



1. Do you think you have a unique style? Yes.

2. If yes, what's unique about it? The thing that is unique about my style is that I like to have fun with the clothes I wear and think outside the box!

3. Describe your style. Some people say I have a bohemian type style. They also say I'm conservative, so I would say bohemian-conservative.



 



4. What would you wear on a casual day vs. a party? A good example would be Stompdown. It was a "casual-cute" event. I wore a blue fitted skirt and a peach colored top. For the party I put on a lace, kind of see through top to "step up" the sexy for a party.

5. What 5 items are a must have for you if you were stuck on an island? Why?  Things that I can mix and match. A tank top because it'll most likely be hot, shorts, a sweater, DEFINITELY skinny leg jeans, and some comfy sweats!

6. What do you like to see the opposite sex wear? I think different guys look good in different things. I don't think it's fair for me to say every dude should wear the preppy look or the edgy, skater boy look. It just depends on what compliments their body the best. If a guy knows his own personal style then that's what's the most attractive. As long as he looks good by my side. [ YOU BETTER SAY THAT MS. BLACK OU! ]



7. Do you look to anyone for style inspiration? If yes, who? Yes. I look to everyone for style inspiration. From the mannequins in Forever 21 to people walking on the South Oval.


8. What is your favorite store to shop at? why? I don't really have one favorite but Forever 21 or Charlotte Russe. You can get the $5.00 skirts or cute shirts for $9.50.


9. Do you think money is essential when it comes to style? No. I feel like I have style and I don't have alot of money. Lol. 


10. How do you feel about being selected to be on Vintage Mahogani's Feature Friday? I feel honored to know that people are interested in my style and think I have one because sometimes I wonder if I
can actually dress..lol. To be featured on a site where Beyonce, Jayz, Chris Brown, and Jennifer Lopez have too, is an honor.
 

Thank you for your time Candace!! We know finals week and being Miss Black OU is time consuming, so we really appreciate it! It was so much fun doing your photoshoot and interview! :-)





Stayed Tuned for Feature Friday with Taylor!! 5-27-11!


No comments:

Post a Comment